Senior Living in North Wales, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in North Wales, PA: 19454
- North Wales scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- North Wales scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 22 hospitals within close range of the city, including Lansdale Hospital, Horsham Clinic, and Northwestern Institute.
- There are 179 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Foulkeways at Gwynedd, St Mary Center For Rehabilitation and Healthcare, and Gwynedd Square Nursing Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 784 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 171 golf courses in or around the city, including Pine Crest Golf Club, Blue/Red Course at Limekiln Golf Course, and Squires Golf Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Graeme Park, Norristown Farm Park, and Evansburg State Park.
- There are 297 churches in or near the city, including North Wales Baptist Church, St Peter\'s Lutheran Church, and Mary Mother of the Redeemer.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 280 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 19 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 284 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.17% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.29% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $105,307, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $82,359, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $41,858, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.19%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- North Wales receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- North Wales has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- North Wales has a dense population density of 2,135.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of North Wales have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- North Wales has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.14%.