Senior Living in Northfield, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Northfield, NJ: 08225
- Northfield scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Northfield scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Shore Memorial Hospital, Atlanticare Regional Medical Center - City Div, and Bacharach Institute For Rehab.
- There are 23 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Our Ladys Residence, Meadowview Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Henson Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 246 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 38 golf courses in or around the city, including Atlantic City Country Club, Linwood Country Club, and Greate Bay Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Birch Grove Park, Atlantic Blueberry RV Park, and Holly Acres RV Park.
- There are 67 churches in or near the city, including Church of God of Prophecy, Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox, and Beth Israel Reform Congrgtn.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 145 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 9 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 65 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.61% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.72% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $81,473, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $68,542, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $31,295, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $59,430 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $99,463 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,230 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,506 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.44%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Northfield receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Northfield has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Northfield has an average population density of 1,389.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Northfield have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Northfield has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.12%.