Senior Living in Northfield, Vermont
Top zip codes in Northfield, VT: 05663
- Northfield scores lower than the Vermont average of 72.
- Northfield scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Mayo Manor, Mayo Healthcare, and Berlin Health and Rehab .
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 24 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 22 golf courses in or around the city, including Northfield Country Club, Sugarbush Golf Club, and Montpelier Elks Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Allis State Park, U-32 High School Wood Lot, and Green Valley Campground.
- There are 41 churches in or near the city, including United Church of Northfield, Fishermen Ministry, and Northfield Bible Fellowship.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 36 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 15 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.32% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Vermont has an average state income tax of 3.03%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,336, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $61,619, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,825, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.19%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Northfield receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Northfield has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Northfield has a sparse population density of 123.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Northfield have a very short daily commute time.
- Northfield has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.56%.