Senior Living in Northford, Connecticut
Top zip codes in Northford, CT: 06472
- Northford scores significantly higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- Northford scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 8 hospitals within close range of the city, including Masonic Home And Hospital, Gaylord Hospital, and Conn Mental Health Center.
- There are 87 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Village Green of Wallingford Rehab and Health Center, Twin Maples Healthcare, and Regency House of Wallingford I.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 362 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 99 golf courses in or around the city, including Twin Lakes Golf Course, Farms Country Club, The, and Tradition Golf Club at Wallingford, The.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Sleeping Giant State Park, East Rock Park, and Marsh Botanic Gardens.
- There are 193 churches in or near the city, including St Monica\'s Church, Northford Congregational Chr, and North Branford Congregational.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 251 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 10 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 125 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.66% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.69% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $105,433, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $93,870, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $38,041, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,680 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $155,125 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,020 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,450 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.90%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Northford receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Northford has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Northford has a sparse population density of 419.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Northford have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Northford has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.47%.