Senior Living in Northumberland, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Northumberland, PA: 17857
- Northumberland scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Northumberland scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Sunbury Community Hospital, Geisinger Medical Center, and Danville State Hospital.
- There are 20 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Nottingham Village, Sunbury Community Hospital and Outpatient Center, and ManorCare Health Services-Sunbury.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 90 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (36% of residents).
- There are 20 golf courses in or around the city, including Turbot Hills Golf Course, Sunny Hill Golf Course, and Susquehanna Valley Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Splash Magic Campground, Fantasy Island Campground, and Shikellamy State Park.
- There are 59 churches in or near the city, including St Mark\'s Episcopal Church, First Regular Baptist Church, and St John\'s Lutheran Church.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 42 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 26 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.24% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.13% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $55,559, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,146, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,549, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.71%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Northumberland receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Northumberland has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Northumberland has a sparse population density of 280.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Northumberland have a short daily commute time.
- Northumberland has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.59%.