Senior Living in Northvale, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Northvale, NJ: 07647
- Northvale scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Northvale scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 35 hospitals within close range of the city, including Rockland Psychiatric Center, Rockland Children\'s Psych Ctr, and Community Hosp At Dobbs Ferry.
- There are 236 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Jewish Home at Rockleigh, Bergen County Skilled Nursing Care Center, and Palisades Gardens Foundation.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1805 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 218 golf courses in or around the city, including Blue/Blue Course at Rockleigh Golf Course, Rockland Country Club, and Broadacres Golf Club.
- There are 19 parks near the city center, including Tallman Mountain State Park, Palisades Interstate Park, and Untermyer Park & Gardens.
- There are 672 churches in or near the city, including St Anthony\'s Rc Church, Immaculate Conception Church, and Presbyterian Church-Pallisades.
- There are 15 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 1098 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 49 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 546 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 8.29% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.76% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $116,162, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $87,763, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $35,376, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.12%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Northvale receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Northvale has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Northvale has a dense population density of 2,278.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Northvale have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Northvale has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.71%.