Senior Living in Norton, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Norton, MA: 02766
- Norton scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Norton scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 8 hospitals within close range of the city, including Morton Hospital & Medical Center, Taunton State Hospital, and Sturdy Memorial Hospital.
- There are 91 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Epoch Assisted Living of Norton, Epoch Senior Healthcare of Norton, and Daggett-Crandall-Newcomb Home.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 369 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 164 golf courses in or around the city, including Wading River Golf Course, Norton Country Club, and Tournament Players Club of Boston, The.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Watson Pond State Park, F. Gilbert Hills State Forest, and Slater Park.
- There are 132 churches in or near the city, including Trinitarian Congregational Chr, St Mary\'s Church Norton, and Winthrop Street Baptist Church.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 168 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 140 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.64% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.90% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $89,453, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $75,538, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $30,772, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $75,600 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $144,175 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,400 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.10%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Norton receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Norton has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Norton has an average population density of 684.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Norton have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Norton has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.80%.