Senior Living in Norwell, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Norwell, MA: 02061
- Norwell scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Norwell scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including South Shore Hospital, Pembroke Hospital, and Massachusetts Respiratory Hosp.
- There are 75 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Village at Proprietors Green, Royal Norwell Nursing Rehabilitation Center, and Carewell Adult Day Wellness Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 293 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 116 golf courses in or around the city, including Hatherly Country Club, Scituate Country Club, and Widow\'s Walk Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Wompatuck State Park, Whitney and Thayer Woods, and World\'s End.
- There are 98 churches in or near the city, including St Helens Catholic Church, United Church of Christ, and United Church of Christ.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 164 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 14 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 158 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.30% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.02% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $142,496, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $109,167, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $48,440, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.66%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Norwell receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Norwell has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Norwell has an average population density of 501.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Norwell have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Norwell has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 97.44%.