Senior Living in Norwich, Vermont
Top zip codes in Norwich, VT: 05055
- Norwich scores significantly higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- Norwich scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Mary Hitchcock Memorial Hospital, White River Jct Va Medical Center, and Alice Peck Day Memorial Hospital.
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Kendal at Hanover, Senior Action Center, and Hanover Terrace Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 33 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 17 golf courses in or around the city, including Hanover Country Club, Quechee Club, The (Highland Course at Quechee Club, The), and Fore-U Golf Center.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Storrs Pond Recreation Area, Nathan\'s Garden, and Rest-N-Nest Campground.
- There are 29 churches in or near the city, including Unitarian Universalist, Sharon Congregational Church, and Church of Christ-dartmouth Clg.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 36 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 13 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.07% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.73% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Vermont has an average state income tax of 3.03%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $105,672, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $87,833, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $46,272, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.68%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Norwich receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Norwich has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Norwich has a very sparse population density of 81.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Norwich have a short daily commute time.
- Norwich has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 97.71%.