Senior Living in Nottingham, Maryland
Top zip codes in Nottingham, MD: 21236
- Nottingham scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- Nottingham scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 19 hospitals within close range of the city, including Franklin Square Hospital Center, Good Samaritan Hospital, and The Johns Hopkins Hospital.
- There are 201 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Oak Crest Retirement Community, Oak Crest, and Ma Maison - Cottage II.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 787 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 60 golf courses in or around the city, including Mt. Vista Golf Course, Mount Pleasant Golf Club, and Country Club Of Maryland.
- There are 16 parks near the city center, including Cromwell Valley Park, Hampton National Historic Site, and Marshy Point Nature Center.
- There are 653 churches in or near the city, including St Peter\'s Evangelical Church, Perry Hall United Methodist, and St Michael Lutheran Church.
- There are 22 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 519 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 20 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 257 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.98% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.87% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $78,512, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $69,508, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,438, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.04%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Nottingham receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Nottingham has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Nottingham has a dense population density of 4,493.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Nottingham have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Nottingham has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.41%.