Senior Living in Noxen, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Noxen, PA: 18636
- Noxen scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Noxen scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 20 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Star Hill Rest Home, Lakeside Health and Rehabilitation Center, and Fern Wood Manor.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 22 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 37 golf courses in or around the city, including Farley\'s Sweet Valley Golf Course, Executive Course at Newberry Country Club, and Lehman Golf Club.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Ricketts Glen State Park).
- There are 20 churches in or near the city, including Our Lady of Victory Church, Church of Christ, and Church of Christ.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 11 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 12 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.73% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.46% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,074, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,688, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,340, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.69%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Noxen receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Noxen has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Noxen has a very sparse population density of 32.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Noxen have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Noxen has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.54%.