Senior Living in Oakland, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Oakland, NJ: 07436
- Oakland scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Oakland scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 9 hospitals within close range of the city, including Christian Health Care Center, Chilton Hospital, and Wayne General Hospital.
- There are 131 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Horizons at Franklin Lakes, Oakland Care Center, and Lakeland Health Care Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 812 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 177 golf courses in or around the city, including High Mountain Golf Club, Darlington Golf Course, and Apple Ridge Country Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including High Mountain Park Preserve, Ramapo Valley County Reservation, and Norvin Green State Forest.
- There are 310 churches in or near the city, including Our Lady of Perpetual Help Chr, Messiah Lutheran Church, and Midvale United Methodist.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 444 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 22 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 255 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 8.29% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.76% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $130,960, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $115,797, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $43,636, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.21%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Oakland receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Oakland has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Oakland has a dense population density of 1,508.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Oakland have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Oakland has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.91%.