Senior Living in Oakland, Rhode Island
Top zip codes in Oakland, RI: 02858
- Oakland scores higher than the Rhode Island average of 75.
- Oakland scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Rehabilitation Hospital, Landmark Medical Center, Inc, and Hubbard Regional Hospital.
- There are 71 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Stillwater Heights, Burrillville Housing Authority, and Pine Grove Health Center.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 184 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (18% of residents).
- There are 125 golf courses in or around the city, including Country View Golf Club, Crystal Lake Golf Club, and Gloucester Country Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Douglas State Forest and West Hill Dam).
- There are 130 churches in or near the city, including St Patricks Catholic Church, First Univ Chr of Burrillville, and First Univ Chr of Harrisville.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 63 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 83 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.71% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.31% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Rhode Island has an average state income tax of 2.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $89,365, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $65,543, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,486, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $63,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,113 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,290 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.60%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Oakland receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Oakland has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Oakland has an average population density of 986.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Oakland have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Oakland has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 80.85%.