Senior Living in Oakley, California
Top zip codes in Oakley, CA: 94561
- Oakley scores lower than the California average of 71.
- Oakley scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Antioch and Sutter Delta Medical Center).
- There are 51 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Kd Board and Care, Brentwood Care Home, and Fairview Manor.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 94 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (16% of residents).
- There are 56 golf courses in or around the city, including Bethel Island Club, The, Executive Par 3 Course at Brentwood Country Club, and Deer Ridge Country Club.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Sunset Park Athletic Complex, Sugar Barge RV Resort & Marina, and Franks Tract State Recreation Area.
- There are 22 churches in or near the city, including Delta Community Church of God, Brentwood Community Methodist, and Golden Hills Community Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 81 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 37 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.99% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.71% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- California has an average state income tax of 3.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $87,491, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $77,435, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,680, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,800 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $125,925 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,760 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $61,158 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.42%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Oakley receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Oakley has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Oakley has a dense population density of 2,153.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Oakley have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Oakley has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.74%.