Senior Living in Odessa, New York
Top zip codes in Odessa, NY: 14869
- Odessa scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Odessa scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Schuyler Hospital, Inc).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Schuyler Hospital Seneca View Skilled Nursing Facility, Appleridge Senior Living, and The Courtyards at Bethany Village.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 21 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 26 golf courses in or around the city, including Watkins Glen Golf Club, Trumansburg Golf Club, and Fox Run Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Clute Park & Campground, Watkins Glen Fire Station, and Watkins Glen State Park.
- There are 12 churches in or near the city, including Trevett Cristo Salzer, St Mary Our Mother, and Maranatha Bible Chapel.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.77% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.28% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $51,855, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,375, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,598, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.44%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Odessa receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Odessa has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Odessa has a very sparse population density of 68.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Odessa have a long daily commute time.
- Odessa has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.41%.