Senior Living in Okahumpka, Florida
Top zip codes in Okahumpka, FL: 34762
- Okahumpka scores significantly higher than the Florida average of 76.
- Okahumpka scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Leesburg Regional Medical Center).
- There are 43 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Legacy of Leesburg, Plantation at Leesburg Pool, and Heidi\'s Haven - La Salida.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 50 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 69 golf courses in or around the city, including Monarch Golf Club at Royal High, Meadows Course at Pennbrooke Fairways, and Crane\'s Roost Course at Plantation at Leesburg, The.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Lake Griffin State Park, Bee\'s RV Resort, and Clerbrook Golf & RV Resort.
- There are 32 churches in or near the city, including Seventh-Day Adventist Church, First Baptist Church Leesburg, and Central Baptist Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 39 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.37% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.98% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.75%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Florida has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,413, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,172, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $31,829, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $40,119 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $94,353 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,328 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Okahumpka receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Okahumpka has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Okahumpka has a very sparse population density of 83.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Okahumpka have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Okahumpka has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 63.20%.