Senior Living in Olathe, Kansas
- Olathe scores higher than the Kansas average of 73.
- Olathe scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 15 hospitals within close range of the city, including Olathe Medical Center, Olathe Medical Center, and Saint Luke\'s South Hospital.
- There are 101 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Royal Terrace Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Legacy Senior Residences, and Hoeger House.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 413 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (17% of residents).
- There are 71 golf courses in or around the city, including Shadow Glen the Golf Club, Lakeside Hills Golf Course, and Prairie Highlands Golf Course.
- There are 25 parks near the city center, including Fairview Park, Frisco Lake Park, and Ernie Miller Nature Center.
- There are 145 churches in or near the city, including Seventh Day Adventist Church, First Christian Church, and First Presbyterian Church.
- There are 28 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 135 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 10 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 141 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.94% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.27% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.00%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Kansas has an average state income tax of 3.67%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $90,604, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $77,415, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,269, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $35,700 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $61,503 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,485 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.97%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Olathe receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Olathe has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Olathe has an average population density of 1,213.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Olathe have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Olathe has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.42%.