Senior Living in Old Hickory, Tennessee
Top zip codes in Old Hickory, TN: 37138
- Old Hickory scores significantly higher than the Tennessee average of 72.
- Old Hickory scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 10 hospitals within close range of the city, including Summit Medical Center, Tennessee Christian Med Ctr, and Middle Tenn Mental Health Inst.
- There are 72 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Life Care Center of Old Hickory Village, Crossfield Place, and Provision Living at Hermitage.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 339 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 44 golf courses in or around the city, including Old Hickory Country Club, Hermitage Golf Course -The General\'S Retreat, and Riverside Golf Center.
- There are 30 parks near the city center, including Sanders Ferry Park, Shutes Branch Recreation Area, and Rockland Recreation Area.
- There are 373 churches in or near the city, including Lakeview Baptist Church, First Baptist Church Old Hckry, and Temple Baptist Church.
- There are 25 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 214 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 12 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.57% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.96% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.13%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Tennessee has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $73,469, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,741, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $30,761, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,900 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $83,950 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,950 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.83%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Old Hickory receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Old Hickory has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Old Hickory has an average population density of 1,250.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Old Hickory have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Old Hickory has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.38%.