Senior Living in Oley, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Oley, PA: 19547
- Oley scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Oley scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Joseph Medical Center, Reading Hospital Medical Center, and St Joseph Medical Center.
- There are 64 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Grand View Manor, Evans Retirement Center, and Walnut Woods.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 268 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 100 golf courses in or around the city, including Rich Maiden Golf Course, Moselem Springs Golf Club, and Golden Oaks Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Hickory Valley Golf Club, Crystal Cave, and Hopewell Furnace National Historic Site.
- There are 197 churches in or near the city, including Friedens Lutheran Church, Frieden\'s United Church, and New Life Bible Fellowship Chr.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 183 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 112 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.66% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.77% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $71,775, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $60,072, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,405, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,795 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,649 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.70%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Oley receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Oley has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Oley has a sparse population density of 147.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Oley have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Oley has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.62%.