Senior Living in Olney, Maryland
Top zip codes in Olney, MD: 20832
- Olney scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- Olney scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 11 hospitals within close range of the city, including Montgomery General Hospital Inc, Shady Grove Adventist Hospital, and Potomac Ridge.
- There are 205 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Solana Olney, Absolute Assisted Living, Inc., and Brooke Grove Retirement Village.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 694 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 121 golf courses in or around the city, including Trotters Glen Golf Course, Needwood Golf Course -Main, and Norbeck Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Brookside Gardens, Patuxent River State Park, and Robinson Nature Center.
- There are 401 churches in or near the city, including Oakdale Emory United Methodist, St Peter\'s Catholic Church, and Refuge Church of Christ.
- There are 15 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 326 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 17 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 240 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.18% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.76% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $131,490, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $118,598, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $45,854, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.71%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Olney receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Olney has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Olney has a dense population density of 2,480.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Olney have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Olney has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.46%.