Senior Living in Omaha, Nebraska
- Omaha scores higher than the Nebraska average of 74.
- Omaha scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 16 hospitals within close range of the city, including The Nebraska Methodist Hospital, Children\'s Hospital & Medical Center, and Midwest Surgical Hospital Llc.
- There are 94 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Arboretum On Farnam Drive, The Ambassador Omaha, and Bickford of Omaha - Hickory.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 475 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 55 golf courses in or around the city, including Elmwood Park Golf Course, Chili Greens Golf Course, and Happy Hollow Club.
- There are 57 parks near the city center, including Elmwood Park, Roberts Skate Park, and Memorial Park.
- There are 322 churches in or near the city, including First Christian Church, Temple Israel, and St Margaret Mary\'s Church.
- There are 50 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 207 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 17 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 126 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.00% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.97% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Nebraska has an average state income tax of 4.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $71,154, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,647, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,429, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $82,125 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,380 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.01%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Omaha receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Omaha has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Omaha has a dense population density of 3,304.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Omaha have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Omaha has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.49%.