Senior Living in Oneida, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Oneida, PA: 18242
- Oneida scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Oneida scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Hazleton General Hospital and Hazleton-st Joseph Medical Ctr).
- There are 21 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Shenandoah Senior Living Community, Ridgeview Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, and The Laurels Senior Living Community.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 86 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 38 golf courses in or around the city, including Valley Country Club, Sugarloaf Golf Club, and Mountain Valley Golf Course -Oak/Pine.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Tuscarora State Park, Locust Lake State Park, and Moyers Grove Campground.
- There are 42 churches in or near the city, including St Mary\'s Catholic Church, All Saints Church, and Conyngham United Methodist Chr.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 51 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 31 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $38,242, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $28,583, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $17,437, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.12%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Oneida receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Oneida has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Oneida has a sparse population density of 186.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Oneida have a short daily commute time.
- Oneida has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 81.50%.