Senior Living in Orefield, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Orefield, PA: 18069
- Orefield scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Orefield scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 8 hospitals within close range of the city, including National Hospital For Kids, Westfield Hospital, and Surgical Specialty Center At Coordinated Health.
- There are 54 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Luther Crest, Ch Skilled Nursing Facility of Allentown, and Cedarbrook Senior Care and Rehabilitation.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 287 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 72 golf courses in or around the city, including Iron Lakes Country Club, Allentown Municipal Golf Course, and Golf Club at Shepherd Hills, The.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Trexler Nature Preserve, Covered Bridge Park, and Allentown KOA.
- There are 213 churches in or near the city, including Gardener Richard G, Morgenland Lutheran Church, and Jordan Lutheran Church.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 145 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 10 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 124 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.39% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.48% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $101,238, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $82,047, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $36,157, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.07%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Orefield receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Orefield has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Orefield has an average population density of 580.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Orefield have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Orefield has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.95%.