Senior Living in Orlando, Florida
- Orlando scores lower than the Florida average of 76.
- Orlando scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Orlando Regional Healthcare, Florida Hospital, and Orlando Regional-lucerne.
- There are 144 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Conway Lakes Health and Rehabilitation Center, Alta Healthcare Group, and Summit Care Assisted Living Facility.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 819 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (19% of residents).
- There are 102 golf courses in or around the city, including Ventura Country Club, Eaglewood Golf Club, The, and Winter Park Country Club.
- There are 16 parks near the city center, including Barber Park, Capehart Park, and Lake Eola Park.
- There are 242 churches in or near the city, including Discovery Church, Eastside Baptist Church, and Delaney Street Baptist Church.
- There are 21 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 418 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 25 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 170 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.34% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.94% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.75%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Florida has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,968, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,510, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,745, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $40,119 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $94,353 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,328 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.78%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Orlando receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Orlando has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Orlando has a dense population density of 2,642.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Orlando have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Orlando has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.39%.