Senior Living in Orrington, Maine
Top zip codes in Orrington, ME: 04474
- Orrington scores significantly higher than the Maine average of 68.
- Orrington scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Joseph Hospital, Eastern Maine Medical Center, and Acadia Hospital.
- There are 18 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Avalon Village, Brewer Center For Health and Rehabilitation, and Burr Adult Residential Care Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 128 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 20 golf courses in or around the city, including Pine Hill Golf Club, Bucksport Golf Club, and Hampden Country Club.
- There are 19 parks near the city center, including Fields Pond Audubon Center and Nature Store, Sherwood Forest Park, and Holden Family Campground.
- There are 45 churches in or near the city, including Lighthouse Church of God, Calvary Chapel, and Bucksport Church of God.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 35 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 20 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.14% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.50%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maine has an average state income tax of 5.08%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $70,392, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $62,207, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,964, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $55,800 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $105,576 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,040 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.71%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Orrington receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Orrington has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Orrington has a sparse population density of 149.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Orrington have a short daily commute time.
- Orrington has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.70%.