Senior Living in Orwell, Vermont
Top zip codes in Orwell, VT: 05760
- Orwell scores higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- Orwell scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Moses-ludington Hospital).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Heritage Commons Residential Health Care, Wintergreen Residential Care, and Heather Misty Morn Community Care.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 13 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 19 golf courses in or around the city, including Neshobe Golf Club, Ticonderoga Country Club, and Prospect Bay Country Club.
- There is 1 park near the city center (ROGERS ROCK CAMPGROUND).
- There are 14 churches in or near the city, including United Church of Benson, Our Lady-seven Dolors Church, and First Baptist Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 14 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.63% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Vermont has an average state income tax of 3.03%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,447, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,269, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,353, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.85%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Orwell receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Orwell has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Orwell has a very sparse population density of 28.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Orwell have a long daily commute time.
- Orwell has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.16%.