Senior Living in Otis, Louisiana
Top zip codes in Otis, LA: 71466
- Otis scores higher than the Louisiana average of 72.
- Otis scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Veterans Affairs Medical Ctr).
- There is 1 senior living facility in close proximity to the city (Harding Community Home).
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 6 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 5 golf courses in or around the city, including Oakwing Golf Club, Rapides Golf & Country Club, and Alexandria Golf & Country Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including North Shore Campground, US Forestry Department, and USDA Forest Service, Calcasieu Ranger District Office, Kisatchie National Forest.
- There are 7 churches in or near the city, including St Matthew\'s Baptist Church, Mt Zion Missionary Baptist Chr, and Pentecostals of Alexandria.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 7 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are no gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 0.82% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.39% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.88%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Louisiana has an average state income tax of 2.68%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,652, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $39,779, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,030, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,880 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $62,050 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $35,464 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.57%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Otis receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Otis has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Otis has a very sparse population density of 69.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Otis have an average daily commute time.
- Otis has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 73.27%.