Senior Living in Owls Head, Maine
Top zip codes in Owls Head, ME: 04854
- Owls Head scores significantly higher than the Maine average of 68.
- Owls Head scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Penobscot Bay Medical Center).
- There are 17 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Knox Center For Long Term Care, MCH Housing - Knox Hotel Apartments, and Methodist Conference Home.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 32 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (45% of residents).
- There are 10 golf courses in or around the city, including Rockland Golf Club, Goose River Golf Club, and Samoset Resort.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Saltwater Farm Campground, Megunticook Campground, and Beech Hill Preserve.
- There are 16 churches in or near the city, including Masonic Temple of Rockland, Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, and Church of God Soul\'s Harbor.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 25 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.09% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.06% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.50%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maine has an average state income tax of 5.08%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $70,988, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,000, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $31,820, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.65%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Owls Head receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Owls Head has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Owls Head has a sparse population density of 178.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Owls Head have a very short daily commute time.
- Owls Head has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.14%.