Senior Living in Oxford, Connecticut
Top zip codes in Oxford, CT: 06478
- Oxford scores lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- Oxford scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Griffin Hospital, Waterbury Hospital, and Saint Marys Hospital.
- There are 83 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Village at Oxford Greens, The Hearth at Southbury, and Pomperaug Woods Health Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 258 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 114 golf courses in or around the city, including The Golf Club at Oxford Greens, Eighteen Hole Course at Heritage Village Course, and Gainfield Farms Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Kettletown State Park, Indian Well State Park, and West Rock Ridge State Park.
- There are 152 churches in or near the city, including Immanuel Lutheran Church, St Thomas the Apostle Rectory, and Christ Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 182 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 11 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 94 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.66% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.69% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $124,706, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $111,122, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $44,495, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,680 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $155,125 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,020 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,450 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.27%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Oxford receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Oxford has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Oxford has a sparse population density of 387.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Oxford have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Oxford has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.28%.