Senior Living in Oxford, New York
Top zip codes in Oxford, NY: 13830
- Oxford scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Oxford scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Chenango Memorial Hospital, Inc).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including New York State Veterans\' Home - Oxford, Chenango Valley Home and Apartments, and UHS Senior Living at Chenango Memorial Hospital.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 28 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 31 golf courses in or around the city, including Blue Stone Golf Course, Genegantslet Golf Club, and Canasawacta Country Club.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Bowman Lake State Park).
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including Greene Assembly of God, Agape Baptist Church, and Church of Jesus Christ of LDS.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 13 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.04% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.35% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,529, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,108, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,153, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.29%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Oxford receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Oxford has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Oxford has a very sparse population density of 45.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Oxford have an average daily commute time.
- Oxford has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.44%.