Senior Living in Palatine Bridge, New York
Top zip codes in Palatine Bridge, NY: 13428
- Palatine Bridge scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Palatine Bridge scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Palatine Nursing Home, St Johnsville Rehabilitation and Nursing Center Inc., and Marchand Manor Home For Adults.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 18 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (36% of residents).
- There are 23 golf courses in or around the city, including Canajoharie Country Club, Fox Run Golf Club, and Hales Mills Country Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Full-Tan Sun Club and Crystal Grove Diamond Mine and Campground).
- There are 11 churches in or near the city, including Ames-Sprout Brook Methodist, United Methodist Church, and St Johns-St Marks Lutheran Chr.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 26 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 11 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.01% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.86% of property value, which is higher than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,455, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,313, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,100, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.06%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Palatine Bridge receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Palatine Bridge has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Palatine Bridge has a sparse population density of 103.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Palatine Bridge have an average daily commute time.
- Palatine Bridge has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 74.56%.