Senior Living in Palenville, New York
Top zip codes in Palenville, NY: 12463
- Palenville scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Palenville scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Saugerties Public Housing Agency, Kaaterskill Care Nursing and Rehabilitation Facility , and The Pines at Catskill Center For Nursing and Rehab.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 45 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 40 golf courses in or around the city, including Rip Van Winkle Country Club, Colonial Country Club, and Onteora Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including North/South Lake Campground, Blue Mountain Campground, and Mountain Top Arboretum.
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, Reformed Church of Saugerties, and Gates Robert F.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 35 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 17 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.86% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $48,488, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $39,792, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,199, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.12%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Palenville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Palenville has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Palenville has a sparse population density of 137.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Palenville have a long daily commute time.
- Palenville has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 84.11%.