Senior Living in Palmer, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Palmer, MA: 01069
- Palmer scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Palmer scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Wing Memorial Hospital And Medical Center, Baystate Mary Lane Hospital, and Healthsouth Rehab Hosp Of Ma.
- There are 27 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Palmer Healthcare Center, Wingate at Wilbraham , and Life Care Center of Wilbraham.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 56 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 75 golf courses in or around the city, including Quaboag Country Club, Country Club of Wilbraham, and Ludlow Country Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Camp Ramah in New England and Chicopee Memorial State Park).
- There are 42 churches in or near the city, including Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, Second Congregational Church, and St Thomas Parish Ctr.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 53 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 35 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.36% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $72,554, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,957, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,735, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.76%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Palmer receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Palmer has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Palmer has a sparse population density of 301.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Palmer have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Palmer has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.05%.