Senior Living in Palmyra, New York
Top zip codes in Palmyra, NY: 14522
- Palmyra scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Palmyra scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Newark-wayne Community Hospital, Via Hlth Wayne-newark Comm Hsp, and Clifton Springs Hospital And Clinic.
- There are 31 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Allison\'s Adult Care, Parkwood Heights, and DeMay Living Center.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 61 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 58 golf courses in or around the city, including Winged Pheasant Golf Links, Crooked Pines Golf Club, and Blue Heron Hills Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Hill Cumorah Visitors Center, Boom Towne Canine Campus, and Canandaigua / Rochester KOA.
- There are 44 churches in or near the city, including Zion Episcopal Church, Heritage Baptist Church, and St Anne\'s Church.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 43 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 32 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.18% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.98% of property value, which is higher than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,859, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,287, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,648, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,695 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $135,050 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,925 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.41%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Palmyra receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Palmyra has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Palmyra has a sparse population density of 204.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Palmyra have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Palmyra has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.59%.