Senior Living in Panama, New York
Top zip codes in Panama, NY: 14767
- Panama scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Panama scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Corry Manor, The Woodlands, and Brookdale Lakewood.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 7 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 40 golf courses in or around the city, including Maplehurst Country Club, Sunset Valley Golf Course, and Bemus Point Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Harecreek Campground, Camp Chautauqua, and Long Point State Park.
- There are 12 churches in or near the city, including Panama United Methodist Church, Ashville United Methodist Chr, and St Matthias Catholic Church.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 17 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.27% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.75% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $50,210, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $43,393, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $17,533, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.54%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Panama receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Panama has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Panama has a very sparse population density of 39.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Panama have a long daily commute time.
- Panama has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 76.87%.