Senior Living in Paradise, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Paradise, PA: 17562
- Paradise scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Paradise scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Lancaster General Hospital and Community Hosp Of Lancaster).
- There are 44 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Harrison House Christiana, Quarryville Presbyterian Retirement Community, and Welsh Mountain Home.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 71 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (20% of residents).
- There are 75 golf courses in or around the city, including Moccasin Run Golf Course, Tanglewood Manor Golf Club, and Meadia Heights Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Old Mill Stream Campground, Yogi Bear\'s Jellystone Park™ Camp-Resort Quarryville, PA, and Lancaster County Central Park.
- There are 108 churches in or near the city, including Leacock Presbyterian Church, St John\'s United Methodist Chr, and Paradise Mennonite Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 81 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 25 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,712, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $57,944, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,474, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $56,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,936 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.61%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Paradise receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Paradise has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Paradise has a sparse population density of 261.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Paradise have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Paradise has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 55.31%.