Senior Living in Parkesburg, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Parkesburg, PA: 19365
- Parkesburg scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Parkesburg scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Coatesville Va Medical Center, Brandywine Hospital, and Jennersville Regional Hospital.
- There are 32 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Parkesedge Elderly Apartments, Westminster Place at Parkesburg, and Harrison House Christiana.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 90 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 95 golf courses in or around the city, including Moccasin Run Golf Course, Coatesville Country Club, and Honey Brook Golf Club.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Springton Manor).
- There are 79 churches in or near the city, including Our Lady of Consolation, Highland Baptist Church, and Parkesburg Baptist Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 55 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 35 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.21% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.25% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $79,946, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $67,330, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,161, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.71%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Parkesburg receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Parkesburg has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Parkesburg has a sparse population density of 392.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Parkesburg have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Parkesburg has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.14%.