Senior Living in Parkville, Maryland
Top zip codes in Parkville, MD: 21234
- Parkville scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- Parkville scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 23 hospitals within close range of the city, including Good Samaritan Hospital, Franklin Square Hospital Center, and St Joseph Medical Center.
- There are 234 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Morningside House at Satyr Hill, Capitol Care, and Anna\'s House.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 842 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 62 golf courses in or around the city, including Country Club Of Maryland, Mount Pleasant Golf Club, and Elkridge Club.
- There are 17 parks near the city center, including Cromwell Valley Park, Hampton National Historic Site, and Clifton Park.
- There are 721 churches in or near the city, including Christus Victor Lutheran Chr, St Ursula\'s Catholic Church, and St Thomas More.
- There are 21 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 570 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 21 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 257 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.98% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.87% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,704, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $58,488, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $30,222, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.11%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Parkville receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Parkville has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Parkville has a dense population density of 5,371.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Parkville have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Parkville has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.89%.