Senior Living in Parsippany, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Parsippany, NJ: 07054
- Parsippany scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Parsippany scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 15 hospitals within close range of the city, including Greystone Park Psych Hospital, Saint Clare\'s Hospital, and Atlantic Health System.
- There are 156 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Care One at Morris, CareOne at Morris Assisted Living, and Living Room Associates.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 971 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 147 golf courses in or around the city, including Knoll East Country Club, The, Anchor Golf Land, and Mount Tabor Country Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Becker Park, Morristown Green, and Camp Dawson.
- There are 400 churches in or near the city, including St Peter the Apostle Church, Horn Richard W, and St Christopher\'s Church.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 358 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 32 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 310 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.83% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $98,316, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $77,768, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $38,909, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.46%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Parsippany receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Parsippany has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Parsippany has a dense population density of 2,134.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Parsippany have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Parsippany has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.60%.