Senior Living in Peapack, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Peapack, NJ: 07977
- Peapack scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Peapack scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Morristown Memorial Hospital, Somerset Medical Center, and Runnells Specialized Hospital.
- There are 71 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Skilled Nursing at Fellowship Village, Fellowship Village, and Nazareth Village Diocesan Retirement Home for Priests.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 329 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 131 golf courses in or around the city, including Hickory Course at Hamilton Farm Golf Club, Forest Course at Fiddler\'s Elbow Country Club, and Somerset Hills Country Club.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Natirar Park, Willowwood Arboretum, and Hacklebarney State Park.
- There are 140 churches in or near the city, including Peapack Reformed Church, St Luke\'s Episcopal Church, and St John On the Mountain.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 139 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 10 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 151 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 7.02% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.81% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $124,169, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $119,688, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $42,941, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.60%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Peapack receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Peapack has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Peapack has a sparse population density of 450.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Peapack have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Peapack has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.02%.