Senior Living in Pearl River, Louisiana
Top zip codes in Pearl River, LA: 70452
- Pearl River scores lower than the Louisiana average of 72.
- Pearl River scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Highland Community Hospital and Louisiana Medical Center And Heart Hospital, Llc).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Covenant Health and Rehab of Picayune, Summerfield Retirement Community, and Berrywood Estates.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 50 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 16 golf courses in or around the city, including Royal Golf Club, Abita Springs Golf & Country Club, and Money Hill Golf & Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Bogue Chitto National Wildlife Refuge, The Crosby Arboretum, and Indian Hills Nudist Park.
- There are 24 churches in or near the city, including Evans Creek Baptist Church, First Baptist Church, and Northside Baptist Church.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 31 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.93% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.88%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Louisiana has an average state income tax of 2.68%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,148, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $44,986, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,238, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $56,658 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $60,532 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $9,100 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $36,608 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.13%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Pearl River receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Pearl River has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Pearl River has a sparse population density of 176.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Pearl River have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Pearl River has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 78.74%.