Senior Living in Pennington, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Pennington, NJ: 08534
- Pennington scores significantly higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Pennington scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Capital Health System-fuld Campus, Trenton Psychiatric Hospital, and St Lawrence Rehabilitation Ctr.
- There are 79 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cokesbury Village, St Lawrence Rehab Center, and Villa Vianney.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 396 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 145 golf courses in or around the city, including Mountain View Golf Course, Trenton Country Club, and Stonybrook Golf Club.
- There are 17 parks near the city center, including Washington Crossing State Park, Washington Crossing Historic Park, and Princeton Battlefield State Park.
- There are 208 churches in or near the city, including Pennington United Methodist, St James Roman Catholic Church, and St Matthews Episcopal Church.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 237 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 14 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 156 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.84% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.02% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $169,643, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $146,532, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $62,824, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $68,160 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $122,275 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,255 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,117 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.61%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Pennington receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Pennington has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Pennington has an average population density of 591.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Pennington have a long daily commute time.
- Pennington has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 97.16%.