Senior Living in Pennsauken, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Pennsauken, NJ: 08110
- Pennsauken scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Pennsauken scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 57 hospitals within close range of the city, including Temple East, Northeastern Hosp, Kennedy Mem Hosps-univ Med Ctr, and Friends Hospital.
- There are 240 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Stone Gate at St Stephens, Rosewood Manor Nursing Center, and Aristacare at Cherry Hill.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1994 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 157 golf courses in or around the city, including Pennsauken Country Club, Merchantville Country Club, and Riverton Country Club.
- There are 28 parks near the city center, including Cooper River Park, Harleigh Cemetery, and Penn Treaty Park.
- There are 779 churches in or near the city, including Gate Keepers Fellowship Church, St Cecilia Roman Catholic Chr, and St Veronica Church.
- There are 19 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 1207 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 49 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 472 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 7.24% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.50% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,367, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,714, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,418, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $68,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,165 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.50%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Pennsauken receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Pennsauken has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Pennsauken has a dense population density of 2,963.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Pennsauken have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Pennsauken has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 74.06%.