Senior Living in Pennsville, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Pennsville, NJ: 08070
- Pennsville scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Pennsville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Meadow Wood Behavioral Hlth, Delaware Psychiatric Center, and Memorial Hospital Of Salem County.
- There are 55 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Lindsay Place, Golden Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, and Governor Bacon Health Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 345 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 81 golf courses in or around the city, including Sakima Country Club, North Course at Hercules Country Club, and White Cedar/Pin Oaks Course at Wild Oaks Golf Club.
- There are 18 parks near the city center, including Supawna Meadows National Wildlife Refuge, Fort Mott State Park, and Battery Park.
- There are 367 churches in or near the city, including Park Bible Baptist Church, Crossroads Community, and Queen of the Apostles Church.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 190 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 99 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.05% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.21% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $70,146, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $57,525, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,695, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $68,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,165 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.77%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Pennsville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Pennsville has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Pennsville has an average population density of 636.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Pennsville have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Pennsville has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.14%.