Senior Living in Pentwater, Michigan
Top zip codes in Pentwater, MI: 49449
- Pentwater scores higher than the Michigan average of 71.
- Pentwater scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Oceana County Medical Care Facility, Oakview Medical Care Facility, and Ludington Woods Living Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 5 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (51% of residents).
- There are 17 golf courses in or around the city, including Golden Sands Golf Course, East/South Course at Lakeside Links Golf Course, and Lincoln Hills Golf Club.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Hill & Hollow Campground & RV Park, Charles Mears State Park, and John Gurney Park.
- There is 1 church in or near the city (Wesleyan Church of Scottville).
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 21 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.05% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.16% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,629, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,094, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,621, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $27,000 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.92%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Pentwater receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Pentwater has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Pentwater has a very sparse population density of 66.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Pentwater have an average daily commute time.
- Pentwater has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.60%.