Senior Living in Perkinsville, Vermont
Top zip codes in Perkinsville, VT: 05151
- Perkinsville scores significantly higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- Perkinsville scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Springfield Hospital, Springfield Hospital, and Mt Ascutney Hospital.
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Ascutney House Residential Care Home, Cedar Hill Continuing Care Community, and Village at Cedar Hill.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 45 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (38% of residents).
- There are 23 golf courses in or around the city, including Crown Point Country Club, Crown Point Country Club, and John P. Larkin Country Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Getaway Mountain & Campground, Running Bear Camping Area, and Ascutney State Park.
- There are 39 churches in or near the city, including First Congregational Chr, Springfield Christian Assembly, and Advent Christian Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 37 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 13 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.07% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.73% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Vermont has an average state income tax of 3.03%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,562, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $57,944, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,297, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.47%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Perkinsville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Perkinsville has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Perkinsville has a very sparse population density of 55.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Perkinsville have a short daily commute time.
- Perkinsville has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.19%.