Senior Living in Petersburg, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Petersburg, PA: 16669
- Petersburg scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Petersburg scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (J C Blair Memorial Hospital and Mount Nittany Medical Center).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Westminster Woods at Huntingdon, Hearthside Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, and Greenhills Village.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 31 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 14 golf courses in or around the city, including Standing Stone Golf Club, Toftrees Resort, and Blue Course at Penn State Golf Courses.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Stone Valley Recreation Area, Shaver\'s Creek Environmental Center, and Camp Blue Diamond.
- There are 38 churches in or near the city, including Stutzenburg Michael D, Hurley Donald R, and Valley View C & MA Church.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 34 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 15 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.25% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.02% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $53,146, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $43,285, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,408, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.98%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Petersburg receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Petersburg has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Petersburg has a very sparse population density of 22.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Petersburg have a long daily commute time.
- Petersburg has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.71%.