Senior Living in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Philadelphia scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Philadelphia scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 58 hospitals within close range of the city, including Kensington Hospital, North Philadelphia Hlth System, and Temple East, Neumann Med Ctr.
- There are 270 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Mercy-Douglass Susquehanna Townhouses, Haven Peniel Senior Residence, and Philadelphia Nursing Home.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 2102 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 164 golf courses in or around the city, including Bala Golf Club, Juniata Golf Club, and Franklin D. Roosevelt Golf Course.
- There are 29 parks near the city center, including Penn Treaty Park, Franklin Square, and Logan Square.
- There are 863 churches in or near the city, including St Phillip\'s Baptist Church, Bright Hope Baptist Church, and St Malachy\'s Rectory.
- There are 18 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 1241 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 53 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 538 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.57% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.91% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $50,777, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $37,865, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,832, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.96%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Philadelphia receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Philadelphia has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Philadelphia has a very dense population density of 14,106.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Philadelphia have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Philadelphia has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 79.33%.