Senior Living in Phoenix, Arizona
- Phoenix scores higher than the Arizona average of 70.
- Phoenix scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 22 hospitals within close range of the city, including Kindred Hospital - Phoenix, Carl T Hayden Vet Affairs Ctr, and St Joseph\'s Hospital And Medical Center.
- There are 436 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including RazInn Assisted Living Facility, 5CS Assisted Living, and Arizona State Veteran Home Phoenix.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1442 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (18% of residents).
- There are 158 golf courses in or around the city, including Pine Meadow Country Club Estates, Phoenix Country Club, and Palo Verde Golf Course.
- There are 31 parks near the city center, including National Vision, Park Central, and Margaret T. Hance Park.
- There are 590 churches in or near the city, including All Saints\' Episcopal Church, Valley Cathedral, and First United Methodist Church.
- There are 16 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 582 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 36 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 184 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.06% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.59% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.15%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Arizona has an average state income tax of 2.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,502, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,058, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,579, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,000 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $81,213 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,890 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.22%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Phoenix receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Phoenix has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Phoenix has a dense population density of 3,986.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Phoenix have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Phoenix has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 76.87%.