Senior Living in Picture Rocks, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Picture Rocks, PA: 17762
- Picture Rocks scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Picture Rocks scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Muncy Valley Hospital).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Wolf Run Village, Susquehanna Health Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Valley View Nursing Center.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 19 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 16 golf courses in or around the city, including Williamsport Country Club, Eagles Mere Country Club, and Challenge Course at White Deer Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Trout Pond Park Family Fun Center and Crystal Lake Camps).
- There are 32 churches in or near the city, including Picture Rocks United Methodist, Bethany United Methodist Chr, and Christ United Methodist Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 8 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.53% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.53% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,054, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $60,000, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,798, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,870 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $122,275 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $52,000 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,646 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.16%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Picture Rocks receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Picture Rocks has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Picture Rocks has an average population density of 865.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Picture Rocks have a very short daily commute time.
- Picture Rocks has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.49%.